What to Bring with you?
Although we provide you comfort, warmth and shelter you are still camping and as the Cumbrian weather can be a little changeable please make sure you have suitable clothing and footwear.
We recommend that you pack:
- insect repellent during the Spring, Summer and Autumn months
- OS maps of the area
- Please be aware that due to the geography and location of Scales Plantation mobile phone signal is very poor. There is also no WiFi!!
Well behaved dogs are most welcome. Please be aware that we are a working livestock farm and request that your dogs are under control at all times when in the camps. If you are elsewhere on the farm please keep your dogs on a lead, this is for the safety of you, your dog and our livestock.
- We ask that dogs are kept off all furniture and beds.
- Please bag all dog poos and place in the bin provided.
- Please contact us before booking if you have more than two dogs or if your dog…or dogs…are very large.
- All damage caused by dogs must be reported to us before your departure from the camp. Please be aware that any extra cleaning required because of dog damage or mess will be charged for. If the item has to be replaced then you will also be charged…PLEASE NOTE, THIS INCLUDES ANY BEDDING AND BED LINEN THAT HAS IS MARKED WITH MUDDY PAW PRINTS.
- Dogs must not be left unattended in the camps or wood at any time.
- Be aware that dogs can figure out how to open zips on shelters and tents pretty quickly and canvas is not going to stop a determined dog!
- Do not leave your dogs in your car.
- Groceries can be pre-ordered from our list before your stay and all groceries come from The Village Shop in Hesket Newmarket.
- Sheets, bed covers and towels are supplied. If the tenancy is for more than one week, housekeeping staff will replace all linen every Saturday. Please note that all items of household linen are strictly reserved for indoor use only.
- There will be parking for two cars located close to your camp. Additional parking can be arranged however this will be at a distance from your camp.
Electricity and Heating
- Electricity is supplied by solar power packs which provide energy for lighting and limited appliances.
- Hot water is heated by gas and all camps have wood burning stoves as standard. We will supply a generous stack of wood enough for your stay.
- Electricity and heating is included in the price however if you require extra timber this can be purchased at a small cost of £4.00 per bag.
- The maximum number to reside in the camps must not exceed the number stated on the booking form.
- Deposits are non-refundable in all instances and balance payments must be paid no later than 70 days prior to arrival.
- If you wish to add to or change any members of the party on the booking form you should advise us as soon as possible. Changes will only be allowed at our discretion.
- We maintain a very high standard of cleanliness and comfort at all times and we ask that you undertake to leave the camps, their fixtures and furniture in the same good condition as they were found.
- We reserve the right to charge for an enhanced clean should the camp be left in a condition that requires extensive cleaning.
- All Shepherds Huts, Safari Tents, kitchen/bathroom shelters and toilets are strictly NON SMOKING. Please remember you are in a wood and take care to extinguish any cigarettes.
- We ask that care should be taken by everyone in the grounds and in the vicinity of the streams and ponds.
- Campfires must not be made other than in designated fire pits and we would like to remind you not to collect your own firewood. Any fallen/ decomposing timber is vital to the ecology of the woodland.
- All breakages/damage must be notified immediately and paid for at replacement cost (but please do not replace any broken items without the owner’s agreement).
- We ask that you do not cause annoyance or become a nuisance to fellow holidaymakers, or neighbours of adjoining premises or land. If you fail to observe our terms and conditions we have the right to terminate your booking even if you are at the property by asking you to leave at once without any compensation becoming payable to you. We reserve the right to enter the property at any time should the need arise.
We shall not be liable to the client:
- For any loss or theft of property belonging to the client or other people under his or her responsibility;
- For any death or injury to the client or people under his or her responsibility
- For any loss, damage or injury which is a result of adverse weather conditions, riot, war strikes or other matters beyond the control of the owner.
- For any loss, damage or inconvenience caused to or suffered by the client if the property shall be destroyed or substantially damaged before the start of the rental period and in any such event, the owner shall, within 28 days of notification to the client, refund to the client all sums previously paid in respect of the rental period.
- Clients are strongly recommended to arrange a comprehensive travel insurance policy (including cancellation cover) and to have full cover for the party’s personal belongings, public liability, accidents, civil liability, repatriation and damage etc.
- A guest manual which will also include all the local information and contact numbers you should need will be available at each camp.
For all general enquiries regarding Scales Plantation contact Rob and Tab